Varsity Tutors can help you get ready for your upcoming CPFA Exam with a CPFA course. Signing up for a CPFA class is a unique way to prepare for your test. You can get started with CPFA courses by getting in touch with us today. Or, if you'd like to learn more about how CPFA classes can supplement your test preparation process, continue reading.
The Certified Plan Fiduciary Advisor, or CPFA, is a credential that you can earn from taking a NAPA CPFA Examination. Those who possess this credential have a great way to show prospective clients and employers their knowledge and expertise with retirement plans. The CPFA Exam is composed of 70 multiple-choice questions and has a time limit of three hours. You'll be shown your score right after you complete your exam, so you won't have to wait nervously to see whether or not you passed.
Here are some of the content areas you'll be facing on the exam:
|Topic||% of Exam||# Questions (Full Exam)||Time (Full Exam)|
|Fiduciary Roles and Responsibilities||9-11%||75||90 Minutes|
|Non-Fiduciary Service Providers||5-7%|
|Plan Governance and Fiduciary Documentation||5-7%|
|Plan Goals and Objectives||7-9%|
|Service Provider Selection||3-5%|
|Educating Fiduciaries on Plan Investments||7-9%|
|Investment Policy Statement||7-9%|
|Plan Investment Oversight||9-11%|
|Retirement Plan Committee & Fiduciary Training||8-10%|
A CPFA prep course could help you get more out of the time you've already planned on devoting to preparing for your exam. This is possible because your CPFA prep class will take place between just you and an expert on the material you're studying. This intimate setting means that you can get a customized lesson plan from your educator that's based on your specific academic needs. CPFA prep courses are also flexible enough to fit into a busy professional's schedule. That means you won't need to worry about making too many scheduling sacrifices just to get the test preparation assistance you've been looking for. The level of individualization in the learning process that you'll get from CPFA prep classes is hard to match through other avenues.
Below, you'll find more information on this test:
CPFA Topics (Non-comprehensive)
- Explain ERISA exclusive purpose and ERISA prudence rule.
- Identify named fiduciaries
- Identify ministerial functions performed by non-fiduciary service providers.
- Identify required and additional documentation for maintaining plan records according to fiduciary best practice.
- Identify parties-in-interest to the plan
- List considerations when formulating plan goals and objectives
- Compare and contrast IRA-based plans to 401(k) plans
- Explain importance of successful participant outcomes to Plan Sponsor and participants.
- Explain the roles of service providers
- Explain risk/return, asset classes and diversification of investments
- Explain fiduciary prudent process to create a broad-based IPS
- Identify components of investment reviews
- Identify most important actions to prevent most common errors
- Identify the role of adviser related to the Retirement Plan Committee
- Identify conversion documentation as a plan management best practice.
Your CPFA course can also help you develop valuable test-taking skills that you can utilize on your upcoming exam as well as on any future tests you decide to take. For example, if you've previously had trouble with managing your time effectively on important exams, your instructor can spend time showing you strategies you can use to make improvements with time management. Similarly, have you ever experienced test anxiety? If so, your CPFA class educator can show you relaxation exercises you can do whenever you start to feel anxious on the day of your exam. Whatever you need help with, you can get the guidance you've been looking for when you sign up to take a CPFA course with Varsity Tutors.
Passing the CPFA Exam is a great way to get started with a career that deals with the financial aspects of retirement planning. When you earn this credential, you may have a better chance of getting to your professional goals. However, the CPFA may be difficult to prepare for without any guidance. Why not let Varsity Tutors help you get more out of your test preparation process with an in-depth CPFA class? You can get started with your own ideal study plan quickly when you reach out to us today. We look forward to working with you.
John: CPFA course instructor
...Studies, Women's Studies Gender Studies, and Social Work. I believe in the potential for any student to achieve an A in every course and in every assignment. More so than a grade, my goal is to help students fall in love with the process of learning. Feedback from successful students has allowed me to recognize how effective the approaches toward tutoring mine have been for all learning types in various academic subjects. While my tutoring...
Pamela: CPFA course instructor
...professionally in the Financial Services industry and have experience in professional speaking, presentation skills and Train the Trainer classes. I enjoy making a connection with my students (regardless of subject matter or age of learner) and thoroughly understanding their needs and objectives. I think mutual learning can occur from either a teacher or student position and I firmly believe that we should always be learning something new! I am huge proponent of continually improving oneself...
Education & Certification
- University of Colorado Boulder - Bachelor of Science, International Marketing
- ISEE-Middle Level Reading Comprehension
- Series 7 - General Securities Representative Exam (Stockbroker)
- ISEE-Lower Level Reading Comprehension
- +57 subjects