I like many American students wasn't much of a language learner in school. I took French for six years and today am limited to about ten random words in the language.
But then about twelve years later I had to learn German in order to move to Germany and start a finance business. I overcame a lot of initial doubt to reach my goal of C1 within nine months (Goethe-Zertifikat C1) and then later C2 (Goethe-Zertifikat C2) within three years. In the process I discovered a passion for language learning that drove me to also learn Spanish to a C2 level before moving to Spain, and eventually start teaching languages online.
Now nearly five years later the feeling of seeing students progress and experience the magic of language learning still never gets old. Whether you're thinking about learning German or Spanish or have already been at it a while and want to take your skills to the next level, trust me it will be worth it! The personal and/or professional possibilities that you will unlock for yourself will be more rewarding than you could ever imagine. And contrary to popular belief, language learning should be neither difficult nor boring.
Book a time and we'll come up with a plan to get you to your goal as quickly and enjoyably as possible!
- Online Language Instructor (Online) - Jun 2015 to Present
- Fifth Quarter Strategic Finance GmbH (Founder and Principal, Germany) - Feb 2014 to Jul 2016
- Vattenfall Energy Trading (Credit Manager, Netherlands) - Feb 2012 to Feb 2014
- Macquarie Bank Ltd. (Credit Manager, U.S.) - Nov 2009 to Jan 2012
- Constellation Energy Commodities Group (Associate) - Aug 2005 to Oct 2009
- University of Michigan - AB
- William E. Simon Graduate School of Business/University of Rochester - MBA
Additional Skills and Interests:
- Languages - English (native), German (C2), Spanish (C2)
- Toastmasters International - Competent Communicator
- American College of Sports Medicine - Certified Personal Trainer
Education & Certification
Undergraduate Degree: University of Michigan-Ann Arbor - Bachelor in Arts, Political Science and Government
Graduate Degree: University of Rochester - Masters in Business Administration, Finance
I enjoy fitness, entrepreneurship and learning new things, whether that be cultures and people or new technologies.