I am a certified math teacher that LOVES math! My goal is to pass this love of math around to students thru remediation, coaching, homework help or anything else that may fit your child's mathematical needs.
Over the past ten years I have worked with students in varying capacities from volunteering, tutoring, and teaching summer courses to full time teaching. My experience working with students has been in various private, public and charter schools. Tutoring is what I do as a career and I enjoy it tremendously. Watching students grow and become more confident and more successful is why I do this.
I look to create a positive environment where I can help motivate students to engage in both analytical and critical thinking in mathematics. I believe that working with students 1-on-1 and in small group settings can allow students to get their questions asked and not feel intimidated or worry about the pace of the class. I truly believe that my students' success is my success. I invest in each and every one of my students and try to be flexible, accommodating and available. My goal is for each of my students to not only feel successful but BE successful.
I have experience working with students in the following ways:
1. Helping move students from on level classes to honors level classes.
2. Helping students transition from one school system to another, including international schools.
3. Helping students with homework and organization skills.
4. Helping students be more confident as learners.
5. Helping students not feel intimidated in the classroom.
6. Helping students be more confident in their math skills.
7. Helping students with general test taking skills.
8. Helping students understand the role of mathematics in their future.
9. Helping students maximize his/her mathematical potential.
10. Helping students with the AMC/Math Counts/Math Team questions.
11. Helping students with the Math sections on the ACT/SAT.
12. Sending students extra work when needed.
13. Checking students homework via text/email.
14. Giving Emergency last minute sessions.
15. Helping students catch up with work due to a long absence in school.
15. Helping students take placement exams in college and high school.
16. Helping young teachers get better scores on the Praxis Exam.
17. Helping with regular or honors level middle and high school math classes.
18. Helping students on the Regents Exam.
19. Encouraging students to contact me with any questions they have between sessions.
20. Helping students understand that they can and will do better than they are currently doing.
And so much more!
Undergraduate Degree: The Evergreen State College - Bachelor of Fine Arts, Political Science and Government
Graduate Degree: UMSL - Master of Arts, Mathematics Teacher Education
Reading, Cooking, Biking, Music, Traveling and Hanging out with my Family.
ACCUPLACER Elementary Algebra
Elementary School Math
IB Mathematical Studies
ISEE-Lower Level Mathematics Achievement
ISEE-Lower Level Quantitative Reasoning
ISEE-Middle Level Mathematics Achievement
ISEE-Middle Level Quantitative Reasoning
ISEE-Upper Level Mathematics Achievement
SAT Subject Tests Prep